Hello and Welcome!
I’m really happy you’re here and am glad that you’ve chosen to learn more about one of Australia’s foremost women trailblazers, writer Ethel Turner.
Sydney’s newest literary society invites you to be amongst the people to join, ‘The Friends of Ethel Turner’. Members receive the professionally produced informative free publication, The Woodlander, packed full of interesting material about Ethel Turner, her life, her writing, and Woodlands, the beautiful house in Killara where she wrote her famous book, Seven Little Australians. Your interest will help raise awareness about Ethel Turner’s legacy and make sure that this important part of Australia’s literary heritage is protected. I’ve written about the ‘home’ of Seven Little Australians before, you might like to read it here.
I join with Albert & Eva, the owners of Woodlands to invite you learn much more about Ethel Turner. Discover the child growing up in Sydney learning to be a writer, the successful woman who published over 40 books, short stories and verse (winning a number of prestigious literary awards), the wife of a NSW District Court judge, mother of Sir Adrian Curlewis, CVO, CBE, loving grandmother and so much more.
For an investment of just $10 (AU) you will receive everything listed here (valued at $30 AU):
- Free access to Susannah Fullerton’s 60-minute video talk, Ethel Turner and Seven Little Australians (value $15 AU).
- The Woodlander magazine emailed directly to your inbox twice a year, in January and July.
- Complimentary back copies of The Woodlander.
- Priority notification of functions at Woodlands or about Ethel Turner.
- Automatic access to Susannah Fullerton’s Notes From A Book Addict newsletter packed full of literary news, updates and information about great books and their writers, sent on the first of every month and loved by over 7,000 subscribers all around the world.
- Complimentary 60-minute video talk of your choice (value $15) ** Exclusively available to new subscribers of Notes From A Book Addict.
The Friends of Ethel Turner group is only in its infancy and, as such, will grow and change with time. We currently produce a bi-annual newsletter and plan events at Woodlands which will encourage young and old to revisit her fiction. After you sign up, you will receive an email when the next newsletter is available, either in January or July.
You will not be added to any additional email lists or be contacted unless it is directly related to Ethel Turner and Woodlands.
** NOTE: The complimentary 60-minute video talk is welcome gift to new subscribers of Notes From A Book Addict only.
Further information and help
Please contact Susannah here.