A Full Year of Literary Reader's Guides 2018
- Customer Reviews (0)
Receive all of the 2018 Guides. Only $44 for all of last year's fascinating reading.
No need to worry about sending small payments or dealing with website downloads. You will receive all of the 2018 Literary Readers Guides by email. What a great gift for a reading friend (**see note below), or just a treat for yourself!
Susannah Fullerton’s Literary Reader’s Guides have generated quite a lot of interest. Each guide covers the life of an author and one of their most popular or important works. In about 24 full colour pages Susannah tells you all about the writer’s life, analyses the themes and characters in the novel, lists film versions you might like to watch, suggests titles for further reading and gives you her take on the work. Also provided are 8 questions for discussion in book groups, or just to get individual readers really thinking about the book. Each guide is only $4.
I loved Susannah’s monograph on Dr. Thorne! Of course, I knew it would be good, but I wasn’t prepared to be completely captured. Now I want to subscribe to all Susannah’s monographs–and it takes a lot to get me to add yet more to my list!” Donna Fletcher Crow, distinguished writer of historical novels, USA.
In these entertaining and detailed monographs Susannah Fullerton introduces us to remarkable authors whose legacies are still felt around the world. Each guide includes a companion list of books for further reading, videos and interesting links. Just perfect for discussions and book clubs!
** NOTE: We can send these monthly guides direct to a gift recipient. Please tell us what you need in the notes section during checkout.
FREE ONLINE COMPANION
Once you have received your reader's guides add more enjoyment to them with the FREE Online Guides. Susannah has prepared a recommended a reading list to accompany each of her Reader’s Guides with a list of resources.
Emailed product in pdf format
About 24 pages including full colour images
A pdf viewer is needed to open and print this document
This product will be sent via email. There is no physical or download option.
The books discussed are:
• Jan – Agatha Christie and Murder on the Orient Express
• Feb – Anne Brontë and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
• Mar – E.M. Forster and A Room with a View
• Apr – Anthony Trollope and Dr Thorne
• May – Karen Blixen and Out of Africa
• June – Gustave Flaubert and Madame Bovary
• July – Gerald Durrell and My Family and Other Animals
• Aug – Thomas Hardy and Far from the Madding Crowd
• Sept – Nancy Mitford and Love in a Cold Climate
• Oct – George Eliot and Middlemarch
• Nov – Muriel Spark and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
• Dec – Charles Dickens and A Christmas Carol